Practising Karate in Perth is Fun and Challenging for Mind and Body
Karate lessons in Perth are a fun and interactive way to challenge the mind and body. Individuals of all ages and abilities can benefit from the physical and mental challenges presented by martial arts.
What you can expect from Yoseikan-Ryu Karate Regarding Karate Lessons in Perth
At Yoseikan-Ryu Karate, our lessons are:
- For all ages and abilities. Our karate clubs in Perth offer classes for tiny tots through to adults. In our tiny tot classes, our young students direct their energy towards both skill development and enthusiastic games. Youth and adults have fun while building self-esteem and discipline, as well as developing perseverance and physical strength.
- Conducted in a safe environment. Our instructors focus on teaching proper techniques to minimise the risk of injury. Students are encouraged to practice and develop their skills with patience and focus. The class curriculum aims to develop each student to their fullest potential in a safe and supportive environment.
- Focused on effective training. Effective training is more than physical skill development. It involves the students learning to apply what they learn in the dojo out in the real world. Effective training introduces skills such as confidence, integrity, character, and self-control. Martial arts training is about training the individual so that they can make a positive contribution to society.
Benefits of Karate Classes in Perth
There are many physical and mental benefits of participating in karate classes.
- Students develop a community and support each other through the learning process. Our karate school in Perth is a community where every individual has a role to play and help others. As individuals, tackling challenges can be daunting, but having the support of a community makes the challenge a little easier. Working together is particularly important in a class setting where everyone is facing the same challenge together. A positive community environment in which to learn and grow is essential to developing skills in martial arts.
- Practising martial arts maintains our body’s strength and mobility as we age. Maintaining the ability to move our limbs, getting up and down from the floor, and lifting and lowering loads is essential as we age. Maintaining functions such as these prevents injury and allow us to function well in daily life. Karate challenges the body to move regularly and to build the strength and resilience required to age well.
- We develop the ability to set and achieve goals. When practising martial arts, there is an expectation that you will progress, developing new skills and refining old ones. Setting specific goals is imperative in the development process. Goal setting may be as small as setting a learning goal for a class or practice session, or it could be as big as setting a goal to compete. Once the goal is set, you can focus on achievement and experience the reward of hard work and dedication.
Why Yoseikan-Ryu Karate?
Yoseikan-Ryu Karate has been operating since 1978 in locations in Australia, New South Wales, and America. Our focus is on developing our students, so they become the best all-around individual.
Contact us to discuss which class is right for you or your kids.