Grow Both Physically and Mentally with Martial Arts in Perth
One of the wonderful things about participating in martial arts in Perth is its ability to sharpen both your physical and mental aspects. Any athletic pursuit is good for your body, but not every sport offers mental engagement to match its physical demands. Martial arts pursuits like karate and Jiu jitsu are unique in this respect. At Yoseikan-Ryu Karate, we are proud to offer an array of different martial arts training opportunities in the Perth area.
Benefits of Taking Martial Arts Classes in Perth
The benefits of martial arts training for kids is well-documented—hence the popularity of karate courses and other martial arts classes in Perth for kids. Martial arts can help a child develop confidence, discipline, attention span and more. In addition to being a healthy physical activity, it also aids with social, mental and emotional development.
For adults, the benefits of martial arts classes aren’t discussed as often, but are no less valuable. These benefits include:
- Physical fitness: It’s a familiar story: you work a desk job with long hours, and need to attend to your kids and family when you come home. It can be tough, in this busy life, to find time for exercise of any kind—let alone a full workout that challenges every part of your body. Enrolling in martial arts classes or joining martial arts clubs in Perth can bring fitness and exercise back into your life.
- Stress relief: As mentioned above, martial arts is as much a mental art as it is a physical one. Martial arts demands concentration and discipline, making it the perfect activity to escape from the stressors of day-to-day life. Add the physical element, and martial arts is arguably the best way to burn off stress, anxiety, frustration or tension.
- Self-defence: We never promote violence at Yoseikan-Ryu Karate, but there is something to be said for having the confidence in yourself and your physical ability to defend yourself if the need should arise.
At Yoseikan-Ryu Karate, we are proud to offer martial arts courses for both kids and adults.
Tips for Getting More Value out of Martial Arts in Perth
Are you ready to join a martial arts studio and start training? At Yoseikan-Ryu Karate, we are ready to take you. Before you get started, though, consider these tips to help you get the most out of your training:
- Check your ego at the door: Don’t expect to be a martial arts master on your first try. Like anything else, this craft takes time to learn and master. Don’t be concerned with being the best or looking the toughest. Instead, focus on learning and improving at your own speed.
- Ask questions: Be inquisitive! Martial arts instructors love questions and dedicate themselves to helping you learn the right technique and master it. If you aren’t sure whether you’re doing something right, never be afraid to speak up and ask.
- Focus on daily practice and improvement: Don’t just focus on improving during class time. There are things you can do outside class to get more out of your time in class, from practising techniques to stretching your muscles and improving your flexibility, all the way to building up your fitness with other types of workouts. These steps will help you progress at a faster pace.
About Yoseikan-Ryu Karate
If you are seeking the right spot to learn martial arts in Perth, you’ve found it in Yoseikan-Ryu Karate. Our club dates back to 1978 and has eight schools throughout the Perth area. To learn more about the course opportunities we have available, contact us today.